Sunday, November 11, 2012

Perfect Sense 2.0 Money Trains

I just saw this last night. It was ok, and I'm only posting it because all I could think of was how best to paraphrase Kryton from Red Dwarf.

Perfect Sense (2012). It's the same old story: Boy meets girl, girl loses sense of smell, boy loses sense of smell, boy and girl then lose sense of taste, boy loses sense of hearing, boy loses girl, girl loses sense of hearing, boy gets girl back again, boy and girl lose sense of sight. How many times have we heard it before?

Seriously, though, this film is nihilistic like a South Korean movie. Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, anyone? And the writers obviously didn't really understand how closely smell and taste are related, or just what it would take to lose a sense of smell.

I give it 2.0MT because I preferred Cliff Hanger. 


No comments: