Saturday, November 24, 2012

Alice in Wonderland

I was clearing out some emails and realised I had another guest review from my mate Stephen to publish. It is written in the style of the Jaberwoki which plays so big a part in the film.

`Twas brill, and the silly tale
 
was dire and bimbled in the Middle:

All whimsy were the other fails,
 
And the none as got the tale.


"Beware the Alicecrock, my son!
 
The bore t'fight, the point t'catch!

Beware the red head bird, and shun
 
The funnyless story snatch!"

We took the 3D warpin specs in hand:
 
Long time the maxim o'Burton sought

So rested we by the humdum be,
 
And sat awhile in thought.

And, as if in chocolate factory stood,
 
The Jonny Depp, with eyes of vacant fame,

And character though just as good,
 
Why must it always be the same!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
 
The first half it went snicker-snack!

He knocked 'em dead, and with whit he said

but the second half umph did lack.

"And, as I've seen the Alicecrock
 
Come to my side, look for my joy!

O it lost its way! clever long the way!'
 
I chortled in less joy.


`Twas brill, and the silly tale
 
was dire and bimbled in the Middle:

All whimsy where the story sails,
 
but 'til for disc on sales.

No comments: