Saturday, March 08, 2014

The Day After Tomorrow 2.5 MT

So I saw this movie when it was released and thought it was kind of silly, but the other day I was in the gym and it was on the tele while I was on the treadmill. The sound was off, and I was only doing a warm up, so I didn't see the whole movie, and it's been slated elsewhere so I don't need to go into detail here, but I did see the scene where Dennis Quaid's character, Jack Hall, shows he's the luckiest guy alive.

Remember when he and his buddies are walking across the frozen tundra that turns out to be a glass atrium roof, and the sled falls through, and the guy at the back falls through, and Jack Hall pulls a (climbing) ice axe out of nowhere and arrests the falls by slamming it into the ground?

Well, he's damned lucky that on that vast glass roof he was on he didn't actually slam the axe into glass. He must have hit the one spot of actual ice as you then see him brush away about an inch of fresh powder from the glass so he can look through to see his mate cut the rope on himself for the greater good.

I really hope he got up from that and went straight to the newsagent to buy a lottery ticket. It's as if he'd just had a shot of the luck virus from Red Dwarf.

I haven't seen the film in 10 years. I think it was vaguely entertaining. 2.5 Money Trains.



No comments: